Fill in Blanks from all chapters
CHAPTER NO 1
- In flowchart the symbol used for data input is Process Box.
- Flow line symbols are used to Direction.
- There are Three types of errors in computer.
- Syntax errors are difficult to remove_____.
- Division of any number by zero results in Execution error.
- Execution error is also called Logical errors.
- A computer program is a set of Instructions.
- When a program is executed it is converted into High-Level Language.
- Program implementation follows Testing and Debugging.
- In the events of damage to the program, a programmer refers to get help from___.
CHAPTER NO 2
- Basic stands for Beginners All Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code.
- Basic was developed by Dr.John G.Kemeny and Dr.Thomas E.Kurtz.
- Basic is an All purpose and High-Level Language.
- Each statement in Basic begins Statement Number and end with Carriage Return.
- There are two types of Numeric Constants namely Integer Constant and Real Constant
- NAME is Key words.
- INPUT is a Reserved Word.
- CLS is used to Clear the screen.
- An expression is the combination of operands and Constant.
- Variable always Changes values.
CHAPTER NO 3
- There are two types of transfer of control statements namely Conditional and Unconditional
- If the value of the expression in the ON/GOTO statements is less than 0 or greater then 255, then computer generates “Illegal function call” message.
- We can use GOTO in place of THEN in IF/THEN statements.
- The process of error detection and correction is called Error Trapping.
- RESUME statements is used to Transfer Control.
- If we use FOR loop and do not use NEXT then computer will generate” FOR without NEXT” error message.
- Initial value of the index variable must be equal to One to execute the loop at least once
- WHILE-WEND loop is executed until the condition becomes False.
- WEND statements is used to
- By nested loop we mean One Loop within another Loop.
CHAPTER NO 4
- An array element is referenced by using array name and Positions.
- A (2) and B (3, 4) are called Subscripted variables.
- Array element A (4) represents Individual elements the element of the array A.
- There are two types of arrays in BASIC One Dimensional array and Two- Dimensional array.
- The first subscript of a two-dimensional array represents Number of Rows and the second one represents Number of Columns.
- In BASIC arrays are declared using DIM Statements.
- The statement, 10 DIM MARKS (20) declares an array MARKS having____elements.
- The statement, 10 DIM PRICES (4, 5) declares a two dimensional, array having 5 rows and 6 columns.
- If a subscript is larger then the one specified in the DIM statements, than an error message “Subscript out of range” is displayed on the screen.
- DIM statement is optional for 11 elements for in case of one dimension and 121 elements for Two-dimension array.
CHAPTER NO 5
- There are two types of subprograms Function Subprogram and Subroutine Subprogram.
- Numeric functions return Number values.
- Trigonometric functions are Numeric Function.
- STR$ is used to Convert a numeric value to its string.
- INKEY$ is used to To read the character from the keyboard.
- ASC function is the reverse of CHR$ function.
- LEN is used to Print the total number of character contained in the string.
- VAL function is the reverse of ___function.
- User-defined functions are defined with DEFFN statement.
- Control is transferred to a subroutine through GOSUB statements.
CHAPTER NO 6
- There are three modes of drawing graphics namely Text mode, Medium –Resolution Graphic Mode and High-Resolution Graphic Mode.
- SCREEN 0 represents Text Mode.
- In text mode characters are displayed in term of 25 rows x40 columns or 25 rows x80 columns.
- The width statement is used to __
- In medium resolution graph mode screen is divided in to 320 columns and 200 rows of pixels.
- In medium resolution mode right lower corner is represented by (319,199).
- In high resolution graphic mode screen is divided in to 640columns and 200 rows of pixels.
- The syntax of draw statement is Line# DRAW String.
- In draw statement we use “Dn” for moving down n point.
- The color statement is used to select a specific color for our graphical object.
CHAPTER NO 7
- MS-Word stands for Microsoft Word.
- Word Star is a Word Processing program.
- Bold is used to
- In order to underline a text we use Underline button on formatting bar.
- To set the margins of a document we use page setup option in the file menu.
- Footnote option is located in the Insert menu.
- To set spacing of line in a paragraph we use Line spacing option.
- To check spelling we use Spelling and Grammar option.
- To delete a column from a table we use Delete then column option in the table menu.
- To select a printer we use Print option.